Thursday, July 2, 2009

Healthcare Reform

Okay, today I am going to spout an opinion that is not original, but not exactly trademarked either. The only reform our healthcare (and social security system for that matter) needs is to put an abrupt halt to the package that government officials (senators, congressmen, etc.) get. No longer will they be on a separate (and far from equal) medical and retirement plan, but rather be subject to the same crap the rest of America has to live with. I just don't understand how it is that these people ended up making the money they do, given the wages of these same officials 100 years ago, without the American people standing up and saying... "Oh, HELL no!" If the people who make these systems actually had to be on them there would not be any problems.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am tired of the government believing themselves to be the Dukes and Duchesses, Lords and Ladies, Princes and Princesses, Kings and Queens of America. Oh, sure, they don't come out and say that.... but actions speak louder than words. "Let them eat cake" is what I'm hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment